Structural Damp in Derby
What is Structural Damp?
Structural damp in Derby is the presence of unwelcome moisture in the structure of a building. A significant proportion of damp problems in properties are due to condensation, rain penetration or rising damp.
Typical effects of structural damp include:
- Plaster and paint deteriorate
- Wallpaper becomes loose
- Stains from water, salts and mould mark surface areas
- Concentrations of airborne mould that after inhaled may cause severe health effects on humans and domestic pets
- External mortar and brickwork may crumble
- Indoor air quality can become very poor which in turn might cause respiratory illness in habitants
- Excess moisture leads to growth of microbes like mould, fungi and bacteria which subsequently emit spores, cells and volatile organic compound in to the indoor air.
- To get expert advice on how you can cure structural damp in your building book a no-obligation survey
Effects of Structural Damp
Dampness has a tendency to do secondary damage to a building. The excess moisture enables the growth of a variety of fungi in wood, causing rot or mould, these can cause health problems and will eventually lead to ‘sick building syndrome’.
Contact Three Counties Damp and Groundworks
If you would like to benefit from a free, no obligation site survey and quotation for structural damp in Derby contact our team today.